A big thank you to everyone who took part in our daily recipe challenges last term – we really enjoyed seeing your photos and hope you enjoyed taking part.
To change things around a bit, this half term we’d love it if you could share your recipes with us!
Do you have a recipe that you love making and eating at home?
If so, please send it to us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It can be for a starter, a main, a pudding, a snack or something baked – the only proviso is that it needs to be vegetarian please. We’ll share your recipes with the St Chris community and, if we get enough we may even look at making a cookbook!
Please do try the recipes out and let us know how you get on so we know which ones are doubly rated and approved!
Here’s the first recipe and it’s by our Head Richard:
Ribollita (Soup) Recipe
• 3 cloves garlic crushed
• 1 onion finely chopped
• 4 small carrots finely sliced
• 2 x tins Cannellini beans, drained
• 500ml vegetable stock
• 200g Savoy cabbage quartered, cored and shredded or shredded Cavolo Nero
• 1 stick celery
• Handful fresh basil
• Vegetarian version of parmesan cheese
• 1 x tbsp olive oil
- Warm the olive oil and gently fry the onion, celery, carrot and garlic. Cover with a lid and sweat for 5 minutes until starting to soften but not colour – stir occasionally.
- Remove the lid and add beans, stock and 100ml boiling water and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cabbage and cook for a further 5 minutes until the cabbage is tender. Turn off the heat, cover and leave for 5 mins to mellow.
- Ladle into bowls and scatter with Basil and grated vegetarian ‘parmesan’.
Also delicious left to cool and re-heated the next day….