Following the UK Government’s announcement regarding school closures we can confirm that, due to the containment measures associated with the COVID019 outbreak, St Chris will be physically closed for mainstream schooling from 16:00 hrs on Friday 20 March.
We will continue to operate remotely to offer virtual learning for all of our pupils and our top priorities will be to:
- Continue to support and move forward the learning goals of each class or subject;
- Support our pupils pastorally as an enforced period of social isolation takes place;
- Support families as they navigate challenges that arise with work schedules and childcare.
Further detailed information for each age group is being provided for current parents via email.
We are currently unsure as to when our school site will re-open but we plan to do so on the published date of Monday 20 April. Any change to this will be communicated as soon as we have a further update.
GCSE and A Level examinations
The Government announcement indicated that GCSE and A Level examinations will not take place in May/June but we await further detail. Pupils and staff will continue to prepare for these as normal.
If you would like to discuss any concerns you have about your child’s pastoral requirements please email:
- Senior School pupils – Gavin Fraser-Williams firstname.lastname@example.org (Director of Pastoral Care)
- Junior School pupils – Katie Wright (Head) email@example.com.
If you are worried about a child, or there is a safeguarding or welfare issue please follow these steps:
- Do not worry or panic, remember; there is support in place and someone to listen to you, even remotely.
- Contact either Rich Jones (Designated Safeguarding Lead) – firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 1462 650850 or the Head, Richard Palmer – email@example.com.
We will of course continue to keep you updated as the situation develops. We are deeply grateful to our whole community of children, parents and staff for their tremendous support to date.
T: +44 (0) 1462 650850