It’s been a week of explosions, tarantulas, robots, rockets and a trip to the seaside as the Junior School have held their Science Week.
As well as science in the classroom, activities for all classes have included:
- Creating rockets with Senior School physics teacher Jennifer Petit
- An encounter with reptiles brought in by Codicote Reptiles
- A robotics demonstration and practical session on Mindstorm with the St Chris Snowflakes, our award-winning Senior School robotics team
- Science Boffins workshop
- A talk and practical session with vet Karen Fisher
- Forensic science in the Junior School hall
- A meeting with a tarantula, an owl and a skunk (among others!) with Animal Man
- A whole school trip to Hunstanton, which included a trip out into the bay on the Wash Monster and a visit to the Sealife Aquarium.
As part of their weekly swimming lessons the classes have been learning about plastic pollution in oceans and rivers including the impact on wildlife and finding the hidden trapped animals in the pool. They have also discussed and taken part in a “#2minutebeachclean” style pool cleanup and come up with ideas about what else we can all do to help our oceans and rivers.