Week 7 (22 – 28 February 2021): St Chris Remote Learning PE Challenge
The Home Pentathlon: You (and members of your household, if they’d like!) complete five events at home; you enter your results into a spreadsheet and get an overall score. Can you repeat this activity several times in a week, or across a few weeks, to improve your personal score or the score of your family?
- Measuring tape, or equivalent to measure up to 5m
- Markers x2
- Stopwatch (your phone’s timer will be fine!)
- Chalk (or equivalent; or someone to mark with their finger) to measure how high you can jump up a wall
- Kitchen roll/toilet rolls x2 (to act as a ‘wedge’ in your speed bounce)
- Please see the ‘Home Pentathlon Instructions Guide’ (below) on how to layout and complete the events. The link below also takes you to a demonstration: https://youtu.be/o0PH0Z88SMs?list=PL6DK6xTdLkmwBkVBUkZZ2LoTT6VXErNO
- There is also an Excel workbook, prepared for you to enter your results and work out your score.
Variations: Please do vary any of the activities mentioned above to suit the needs/experience/age/equipment availability of the people taking part.
REMEMBER: please only take part with people permitted in Government guidance; currently only those in your own household. Though you could challenge others virtually across Teams/Zoom!
Share your experience! Please email in your results (we could have a St Chris Leaders Board!), or a photo of you taking part to email@example.com