Week 6 (8 – 14 February 2021): St Chris Remote Learning PE Challenges: Line Jumping Challenge & Flexibility Routine!
Line Jumping Challenge – set by the ‘Get Set Tokyo’ Olympics organisation.
- A line (drawn or something placed) on the floor for you to jump over safely (check with a parent before you do any drawing!)
- A stopwatch/countdown timer
- Your progress sheet (attached) to monitor your performance through the week.
Rules/How to Play:
- Stand with your feet parallel to the line
- Start the timer
- Jump repeatedly, side-to-side, up and over the line (ensuring you clear it)
- Count how many you can do in 1 minute.
- Have a 2 minute break and repeat, twice.
- Note your best score out your three attempts on the attached progress sheet.
- Face the line and jump over it forwards/backwards: your heels must clear the line!
- Try both methods (one each morning and one each afternoon) and see which one is most efficient
- Increase the time you jump over the line
- Jump with a skipping rope, instead of over a line, if you’d prefer to work for a longer time period.
Flexibility Routine A chance to follow the 15-minute routine with Tom Merrick (Bodyweight Warrior) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_xrDAtykMI.
- A yoga mat, or surface soft enough on which to complete your flexibility routine
Rules/How to Play: Instructions are in the video or there is a screen-free pdf of the stretches below.
Share your experience! Please email in a photo of you Line Jumping or completing the Flexibility routine to email@example.com