Today’s recipe comes from teacher Louise Day in the Junior School. Here is her recipe for Carrot and Courgette Bites.
Louise says: “I love these for many reasons! They are great for children as snacks or as a good healthy lunch option when they are getting bored of sandwiches! Also, a tasty addition to a picnic! They don’t use many ingredients and we usually have the things they need at home. They are so quick to make, only take 15 minutes in the oven and can be eaten hot or cold. I love to eat them too, livened up a little with some sweet chilli or BBQ sauce!:
Carrot and Courgette Bites
- 2 eggs
- 45g self-raising flour
- 50g grated cheese
- half a carrot, grated
- half a courgette, grated
- Whisk the eggs until they turn yellow.
- Add the flour, cheese, carrot and courgette and mix.
- Spoon a heaped dessertspoon of the mixture into silicone cupcake case (I have found these are the best if you have them) or a lightly oiled cupcake tray.
- The mixture should make about 8/9 bites.
- Cook for 15 minutes in a preheated oven (190 degrees C/375 degrees F/Gas 5) until firm and golden
If you have a favourite recipe you would like to share please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org