Today’s recipe comes from Gavin, our Director of Pastoral Care, and it’s a family favourite made by his daughter, Immy, and taught to Immy by Becky and Roxy at St Chris!
Immy’s Olive and Thyme Focaccia
- 500g strong white bread flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 7g sachet fast-action dried yeast
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing and drizzling
- 100g chopped pitted black olives
- Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the thyme and yeast. Make a well in the centre and gradually mix in 300ml warm water and the oil until the dough comes together – add a dash more water if it seems dry.
- Tip out onto a lightly floured surface and knead the dough for 5 minutes, until smooth. Put into an oiled bowl, cover and prove for 1 1/2 hours.
- Knock out the air, knead in the olives, shape into a large circle and put on an oiled baking sheet. Prove for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. Press fingertips into the dough all over, drizzle with oil, scatter with sea salt and thyme, then bake for 25 minutes. Drizzle with oil and serve warm.
Enjoy! If you would like to share one of your favourite vegetarian recipes please send it in to email@example.com