Today’s recipe comes from parent Pippa Akram, and it’s a super easy and delicious ‘no-cook’ tomato linguine.
Pippa says: “I have no idea if the source of the recipe as I had the dish at my cousin’s house and took a written copy away with me. I have to say that I always add chilli (usually frozen chopped or lazy chilli) and definitely add at least double the recommended amount of capers.”
As tomato season hits this is definitely one we’ll be trying! Thanks Pippa!
No Cook Tomato Linguine
- 1kg cherry tomatoes (halved) – ideally a mix of yellow and red
- Fresh basil, torn (8-10 leaves)
- Capers (30 or so, rinsed and dried – more if you like)
- 2 garlic cloves (sliced)
- Chilli – if desired
- ½ cup olive oil
- Linguine for two
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetarian parmesan to serve
- Place everything except the linguine and parmesan in a bowl, mix and leave to marinade for 1 hour
- Cook linguine
- Add pasta to ‘sauce’, mix well. Add in parmesan, mix again and serve